Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Luca Danger (aka Beaky)



Luca Leslie Bird

Born October 20 at 6:17 pm
6 lbs 3 0z
17 inches
Lots of hair


just born

with my parents




with my grandma

sister 

jack

at home, tired but happy

I was in labor about 11 hours, but 7 of those hours just felt like mild menstrual cramps. The next 2 felt like a heavy period, but nothing too intense. Labor started at 7:30 am. I checked into the hospital at 4:30 pm, found out I was 8-9 cm dilated already, and had him at 6:30 pm. Those last 2 hours felt like I was in hell. Talk about powerlessness.

I didn't take any drugs, so he latched on really good and is super alert and mellow. Doesn't really cry, just squeeks when he needs food. He smells so good. He sleeps a lot and eats every 2 hours. He peed on the wall and I screamed and threw a towel over him. I'm pretty sure he's perfect.

4 comments:

Sick In Ohio said...

Holy Cow that's a cute baby. Congrats to you and yours darlin'.

We're so very proud of you and love you both very much.

Jacob and Jennifer.

Sara said...

Kaley!!! You did it! What a beauty. I can't wait to meet this new human! If he is anything like his mom, he is super-amazing.

I love you.

Xoxo~
Sara

Anonymous said...

HE IS AMAZING... CONGRATS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY... TAKE CARE AND YOU'RE GOING TO BE A TERRIFIC MOM... LOVE DORI, AARON, TAYLOR AND NOLTE (ELISSA'S COUSIN)

Courtney Cerruti said...

What a beautiful baby! Congrats to you and Luca! You must keep posting pics; I can't wait to see him when he's a bit bigger!!!!
All my love to you both!
Court